REDHOOK “ROAD TRIP” SWEEPSTAKES FULL OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCEPT CALIFORNIA) WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN CALIFORNIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED. The Redhook “Road Trip” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET on 5/1/11 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 8/31/11 (the “Promotion Period”).
1. THREE (3) WAYS TO ENTER:
a) To Enter by Text Message (On-Premise): To receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, text the word “RED30” to the short code “87365” and follow the instructions provided to confirm your eligibility and submit your entry. Confirming your eligibility will require you to send a second text message.
b) To Enter by Text Message (Off-Premise): To receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, text the word “REDHOOK30” to the short code “87365” and follow the instructions provided to confirm your eligibility and submit your entry. Confirming your eligibility will require you to send a second text message.
To enter the Sweepstakes using either text message method described above, you must have a mobile phone with 2-way text messaging capabilities. By entering the Sweepstakes via text, you consent to receive text messages from Sponsor related to this Sweepstakes. For help, text “HELP” to the short code applicable to your method of entry; to cease receiving messages, text “STOP” to the short code applicable to your method of entry. Text messaging and data rates may apply to each message sent or received; check your mobile plan for rates/details. Participation via text message may not be possible on all carriers.
c) To Enter Online: To receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, visit the Redhook “Road Trip” Sweepstakes application on the Facebook Platform at www.facebook.com/RedhookAleBrewery (the “Web site”), “like” the page if you have not done so already, and follow the instructions posted on screen to register and submit your entry. You must provide your full name, date of birth, mailing address, daytime telephone number and e-mail address to enter online. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes of administering this Sweepstakes and as provided below in the privacy section of these Official Rules.
LIMIT: One (1) entry per person per day, regardless of the method of entry. A “day” is defined as the 24-hour period beginning at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and ending at11-6335-14-Redhook Road Trip Sweepstakes-v6-041131-proofreading-clean
11:59:59 p.m. ET each day during the Promotion Period. Each person may enter using only one (1) mobile phone number OR e-mail address per day, and such mobile phone number/e-mail address may only be used by one (1) person, regardless of whether the mobile phone number/e-mail address is shared by two (2) or more people. Any participant who uses more than one (1) mobile phone number or e-mail address to enter the Sweepstakes each day may be disqualified, and any prizes won may be forfeited at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. If more than one (1) entry is received from the same person, e-mail address or mobile phone number in a single day, only the first entry received will be considered valid. In case of a dispute as to the identity of any participant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number or e-mail address used at the time of participation. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a mobile telephone number by the wireless carrier as shown on the carrier’s billing records, or is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof of submitting an entry does not constitute proof of delivery/receipt. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, misdirected, incomplete or illegible entries. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and may not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these full Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which shall be final, binding and conclusive on all matters. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 8/31/11 to be entered into the Sweepstakes.
2. PRIZES/ODDS: GRAND PRIZE (1): One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a trip for winner and three (3) guests to Seattle, WA, and a tour of the Redhook Ale Brewery. Trip includes round-trip coach air transportation for four (4) from the major airport nearest winner’s residence to Seattle, Washington; 3-day/2-night hotel accommodations (two rooms, each double-occupancy; to be chosen by Sponsor); a tour of the Redhook Ale Brewery in Woodinville, WA; attendance for winner and guests to a 30th birthday celebration for Redhook Ale Brewery (date of event to be determined by Sponsor), ground transportation to and from airport and hotel as well as hotel and sponsored event(s), and $150 spending money. If winner resides within 200 miles of Seattle, WA, round-trip ground transportation from winner’s residence to Seattle, WA, will be substituted for air transportation and no cash difference will be awarded. Trip must be completed no later than 12/31/11. Specific travel dates and accommodations are subject to availability. Blackout dates may apply. Trip must be booked through Sponsor’s designated agent at least 45 days in advance of departure. Winner and guests must travel on the same itinerary. Winner’s guests must each be 21 years of age or older. If potential winner is unwilling or unable to attend any prize event, that portion of the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and no cash substitution will be given. If the 30th birthday celebration for Redhook Ale Brewery is not scheduled to occur during the dates when winner is traveling, attendance at the Redhook Ale Brewery 30th birthday celebration will be forfeited and no cash substitution will be given. Should potential winner be unwilling or unable to accept the prize for any reason, prize will be forfeited in its entirety and an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected if feasible. No substitutions or cash equivalent of prize or any portion of prize is permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Any costs/expenses not expressly stated herein, including, but not limited to,
11-6335-14-Redhook Road Trip Sweepstakes-v6-041131-proofreading-clean
food and beverages, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, room service, laundry service, or additional travel or services not specifically stated above are the sole responsibility of winner and guest. Sponsor is not responsible for weather conditions, flight delays or cancellations due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control. APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”) OF GRAND PRIZE: $3,230.00. Actual retail value of prize may vary depending upon the city of departure and dates of travel. Should the actual retail value be less than the stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded in cash or in any other form. FIRST PRIZES (10): Ten (10) First Prize winners will each receive a “Redhook Road Trip” kit containing one (1) tent, one (1) backpack, one (1) cooler, one (1) air freshener and one (1) blanket. ARV OF EACH FIRST PRIZE: $200.00. All taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor will report the value of each prize as required by law. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $5,230.00. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All prizes will be awarded if the number of eligible entries received is equal to or greater than the number of prizes available. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
3. PRIZE DRAWINGS: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about 9/9/11 from all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by an independent judging agency whose decisions are final. Potential winners will be contacted by phone at the mobile phone number used to submit an entry or at the address provided on their online entry form. Each potential prizewinner will be contacted on or about 9/13/11. If, after two (2) attempts, contact has not been made, prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected, if feasible. If contacting by phone, Sponsor must reach potential winner; messages will not be left. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued phone service that may result in a potential winner not receiving initial prize notification. If any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Please allow 10 – 12 weeks from winner verification for delivery of First Prizes.
4. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCEPT CALIFORNIA) WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION. Employees (and household family members of such employees) of Sponsor and each of its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, wholesalers, retailers, distributors, alcoholic beverage suppliers and Sponsor’s advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and its affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Travel Release. Travel guests of Grand Prize winner must each be 21 years of age or older and must each complete a Travel Release. Each potential First Prize winner will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility. All documents must be returned within ten (10) days of receipt or that potential prizewinner will be disqualified and, if feasible, an alternate potential
11-6335-14-Redhook Road Trip Sweepstakes-v6-041131-proofreading-clean
winner will be randomly selected. Valid taxpayer ID or Social Security number may be required from winner when accepting a prize. A 1099 form may be issued to each winner.
5. RELEASE OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY: By accepting a prize, each winner consents to the use of winner’s name, photograph, voice recording and likeness for publicity purposes by Sponsor without additional compensation or permission, where permitted by law. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Sweepstakes each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Facebook, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees, and assigns, and sponsors, partners and agencies from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors, transmission defaults or interruptions related to computers, mobile phones, software, servers, or telephone or network lines; (c) computer server or telephone service failure and/or delayed, garbled or corrupted data transmitted by entrants; (d) printing or typographical errors; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (f) late, lost or undeliverable mail, e-mail, text-messages or shipments; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, or receipt or use of a prize.
6. GENERAL: Any prizes depicted on promotional packaging, point of sale, or otherwise in connection with this Sweepstakes are for illustrative purposes only and may not be the actual prize awarded or received. Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes related materials. Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent company and agencies assume no responsibility for any loss or damage to any participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device relating to, or resulting from, playing or downloading any information or software in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone/Internet malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any human or other errors that may occur in connection with the Sweepstakes. Any attempts by an individual to access the Web site, mobile site or Sweepstakes technology via a bot script robotic program, script, macro, brute-force attack, or other automated means will result in that individual, mobile phone number and/or e-mail address becoming ineligible and such entries disqualified. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or attempts to defraud the Sweepstakes in any other way. Sponsor may prohibit a participant from entering the Sweepstakes or accepting a prize if it determines that said participant is attempting to undermine or has undermined the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other participants. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as planned; or if the Sweepstakes becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper execution of the Sweepstakes and/or processing of entries in accordance with these full Official Rules for any reason; or if tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the sole
11-6335-14-Redhook Road Trip Sweepstakes-v6-041131-proofreading-clean
opinion of Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing from all non-suspect eligible entries received prior to termination to select potential winners. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage, interfere with, or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these full Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 8/31/11 to: Redhook “Road Trip” Sweepstakes-WL, P.O. Box 7430, Wilton, CT 06897- 7430.
9. SPONSOR: Craft Brewers Alliance, Inc., 929 N. Russell Street, Portland, Oregon, 97227.
Redhook would enjoy himself responsibly, please do the same.
© 2011 Redhook Ale Brewery,